We’ve all been there. You’re just about to start or are already in the middle of doing something crafty and all of a sudden it just feels like a chore, before you know it your absent mindedly muddling through, making silly mistakes and practically ruining what should be something great.
Well here are my top five tips for beating that slump and getting yourself back on your way to completing awesome projects.
1. Stop. Stop whatever you are doing. Go make a tea/coffee/glass of wine. Watch an episode of Friends, fold some washing. Just do anything but your craft half heartedly. You’ll come back re-energised after a little break.
2. Go outside. The outdoors is an entire world of inspiration – litterally. Go for a walk, somewhere scenic where you can gaze at the natural beauty surrounding you, fresh air is proven to re-fresh and there WILL be something that catches your eye and helps push an idea you didn’t even realise you had stored.
3. Use pinterest. Make an inspiration board. Remember to pin everytime an image inspires you, no matter how random.
4. Ignore what others are doing. Creativity is a personal experiance. Do yourself a favour and keep it that way, copying is a disservice to your individual brilliance.
5. Have other outlets. I love sewing, but sometimes when i’m feeling crafty I just don’t want to sew. So instead i’ll go and tackle another project. I’ll make something new & delicious for us to eat or tackle a project I’ve had planned for the house. Creativity comes in a million and one different forms & you’re allowed to have more than one outlet.
The little woman pretends.